• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Th7 Ii Fix Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dankal

Registered
Hi all ,

I have this TH7 II and i cant find out what is happening with this fix option , if i set 110 fsb and fix i still get 37 for PCI and 74 for AGP at least its what Sandra tells me ,if i tried with 115 and fix (or any other 2/3, 2/4 etc ) sandra dont show the speed for agp or pci anymore and there is no difference in HDD test so i suspect none of the reducing speed are working or the fix turns on automaticly with fsb over 114 mhz .
I succeeded briefly to run my 1,6A @2160 (1,65v ,135 fsb with fix on) but it was starting from 110 (my current fsb ) and as i was not sure the fix was working (but i suspect now it does otherwise it would not have been stable in W2K ,or my gf2 is exceptional to take 90 mhz and same for hD Maxtor 740 at 45 !)
So please ,any TH7 II (or other Abit mb) could you check if your fix is really working by checking your agp and pci speed in sandra (or indicate a better soft ) when running above 115 fsb and check also if it does turn on auto above 115 .
Thanks and good OC .

First of all, Sandra seems to be mis-reading, or not reading the FSB/AGP/PCI speeds with these newer boards.
Secondly, *foo at Hocp Forums, took his TH7-II, and an Ocilloscope amd measured the PCI slots with many FSBs at 2/3, 2/4, and fix.
His result show that the fix option does keep the slots in spec, and in fact that there was less variation in the waves using fix as opposed to say 2/4 at 133 FSB.

Check out this page for the actual results:

[URL="fix" tests]http://www.hardforum.com/showthread...=15&highlight=TH7II bios and fix&pagenumber=4[/URL]

thanks , i feel a bit better but is there really nobody here who got a non working FIX option ,and all the people complaining of that , at the appearance of TH7 II , were all misled by sandra ?

Where in Sandra do you see the AGP and PCI bus frequencies? I am running the latest Sandra Pro and have yet to come across this. I also don't know of any other software that will report these stats in Windows. I would like to have a look as well.

Yes ginfest your link was very instructive ,my fix was not working with bios 37 but it does with 38 and hacked 77 ,but the best is this new 43a .
I succeeded to reach 2407 @150fsb with 1,6v (135 with stock 1,5v !) this new 1,6a made in costa rica (where i spend 2 nice years )is much better than the one i had before (malay) that could not go above 130 .
I just need a better cooler because my Cooler master is barely better than intel's stock .Cpu temp is 46°C idle and get to 61°C full load with Prime 95 .
I would like this new Alpha (not avaible yet in France )or an AVC Sunflower (not distributed in EU ) if somebody has compared the 2 that would be nice to have his opinion as sunflower is cheaper and you dont have to unscrew mobo to fix it !
If somebody know of a reseller who sell those Sunflower and serve international order online that would be very helpful to point it to me .
THANKS ALL OF YOU for helping each over and make this forum the best i have seen so far!

Glad to help although I forgot the obvious and assumed you were already using BIOS 38, should have mentioned that you need at least 38 for fix to work.
AFA the HS go, I put in the PCP&C "oem" Sunflower after a week of using the retail cooler, it helps but I plan to put in an Alpha when I feel like taking the whole system apart again.
To get an idea of the differences between coolers, look for the C/W rating.
For example, the retail has a .4x C/W, the Sunflower .33-.35 and the Alpha .25-.27.
At 2.1-2.2G, the P4A put out approx 65W of heat at default vcore. If you multiply the C/W x heat output in W you should get a number which would be the amount of degrees over ambient that the cooler would keep the CPU temp.
Retail=26C
Sunflower=22C
Alpha=17C
These are approximations, and fan speed can help or hinder these numbers, but they give an approximation as to the efficiency of diff. coolers.
Obviously, keeping the case ambient temp down will help immensly, if the fan inlet temp is 30C, the retail will be hard-pressed to keep the CPU load temp under 50C+

thanks ginfest , no you didn't forget anything as i was already using bios 43 a .
I will get the Alpha cooler which seems to be the best even if it's a drag to have to unscrew mobo to fix it !
Best regards .

Back