• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-11 boot up problem with blue screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nigely

i get problem with cold boots
it loads up winxp loader then it gives me blue screen
but after when i pressed the rest buttom , it loads it up to windows and its as stable as rock
anyone have this problem?
its really bugging me

my config :
th7-2 with either 77 or 38 bios
256x2 kingston
1.6a@[email protected] 1.55 whatever voltage is stable after rest
Radeon 8500
:mad:

yeah i have this problem exactly and i have tried everything to try to fix it but to no avail. I think it may be of the power supply as it wouldn't make much sense if the trouble was with a hardware component like a graphics card.

One od thing that I've found is for some reaon the board will give the ACPI an IRQ of 15 when coming from a could boot which then blue screens me like it does you but when I hit the reset button it comes up giving the ACPI an IRQ of 9 and all is fine. Hmmmm. That rhymes. Anyway. That's what I've noticed on mine here. Maybe the same thing with yours.

same here if it tries to grab irq 15 which is already in use by the ide controller (I beleive) it gives a missing file error of some sort??
reboot and it grabs irq 9 and all is well.
something tells me a bios update could possibly clear this up.
MrNatural said:
One od thing that I've found is for some reaon the board will give the ACPI an IRQ of 15 when coming from a could boot which then blue screens me like it does you but when I hit the reset button it comes up giving the ACPI an IRQ of 9 and all is fine. Hmmmm. That rhymes. Anyway. That's what I've noticed on mine here. Maybe the same thing with yours.

well i tried playing around with those settings, but nothing helps

i guess this is another bug in the BIOS, i wonder if they'll ever fix these bugs

they fixed the Fix option with bios 38 ,that's already a big progress because without it no serious overclock was possible !

that means i have to live with it until theres a new bios update, right?
also if i disable quick boot test, something like that, i forgot whats call, it will say that i have memory failure
anyone got that message too?
but when i reboot, all is well
if i change the ram to diff slot, it will just have error all the way to windows, then it shut itself down
anyone, do i have a faulty board?

what about disabling APIC
would that help
if i disable it i will have to reinstall windows to try

APIC is a IRQ sharing scheme which ties in with ACPI. It's primarely used by multiprocessor machines. It was deamed by Microsoft awhile back that this option was to be added to the bios for machines that support it or to make the motherboard more W2K/XP compiant. It increases the number of sharing IRQs upto 256 if I remember correctly. It's still the same thing tho as putting everything on IRQ 9 which is the cascade IRQ for IRQ 2. All the new added IRQs are realy are priority level setting. Kinda like "Take a number and wait" type thing.

I never have that setting enabled. Causes to many headacled in the long run. Course you can change your system to a Standard PC without having to reinstall.

The downside is if you installed xp with it enabled you cant just disable it and boot into windows, it will just hang.
You will have to disable then boot from cd and do a windows repair install.
at least that has been my observation. honestly i just leave it enabled as it doesnt seem to effect anything that I can tell.
MrNatural said:
APIC is a IRQ sharing scheme which ties in with ACPI. It's primarely used by multiprocessor machines. It was deamed by Microsoft awhile back that this option was to be added to the bios for machines that support it or to make the motherboard more W2K/XP compiant. It increases the number of sharing IRQs upto 256 if I remember correctly. It's still the same thing tho as putting everything on IRQ 9 which is the cascade IRQ for IRQ 2. All the new added IRQs are realy are priority level setting. Kinda like "Take a number and wait" type thing.

I never have that setting enabled. Causes to many headacled in the long run. Course you can change your system to a Standard PC without having to reinstall.

ColdDisposition said:
The downside is if you installed xp with it enabled you cant just disable it and boot into windows, it will just hang.
You will have to disable then boot from cd and do a windows repair install.
at least that has been my observation. honestly i just leave it enabled as it doesnt seem to effect anything that I can tell.

Well not really. You can simply goto System/Device Manager and install the drivers for the ACPI Computer as a Standard PC. Then just make sure the ACPI is still enabled in the bios and you have APM support enabled in XP. That way you can disable the APIC setting in the bios. Now if you decide you want to keep the ACPI setting then you will need to run the repair but you will still have the IRQ sharing scheme going on. It will just be that everything will then be on IRQ 9 or what ever rather than on a priority level.

as far as I know there is no option in the th7ii bios to enable/disable acpi??
or have i just over looked it??
MrNatural said:

Well not really. You can simply goto System/Device Manager and install the drivers for the ACPI Computer as a Standard PC. Then just make sure the ACPI is still enabled in the bios and you have APM support enabled in XP. That way you can disable the APIC setting in the bios. Now if you decide you want to keep the ACPI setting then you will need to run the repair but you will still have the IRQ sharing scheme going on. It will just be that everything will then be on IRQ 9 or what ever rather than on a priority level.

I tried disabling the ACPI and still get that error and need to press restart everytime for a succesful boot to windows, so it doesn't make difference to this problem

if i dont overclock, the blue screen doesnt come, but when i overclock up to about 117-119fsb with my 1.6a, then the blue screen starts to come, and after i reset the computer its very stable, so can someone help me?

I'm building a PC for a guy I work with. I'm getting him a TH7-II and a 1.6a P4. I hope this little glitch does'nt show it's ugly face on that machine.

Man almost seem's like a waist to give such good hardware to a guy who will never OC his system. He's just an average home user. But he wanted brandname part's not generic or cheap. I guess I can't blame him.

Back