• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 1GB PC2100 and Abit KR7A-133RAID mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiveX

I am going to buy the ABIT KR7A-133 RAID motherboard and have a few questions for you regarding the type of DDR memory I can use in it. I am looking at buying a pair of 1 GB DDR PC2100 Samsung memory modules. The question I have is regarding the bits of the RAM. Will your board support THIS PARTICULAR chip? Here are the specs on it:

Samsung 1GB (1024MB) DDR SDRAM, 266MHz, PC2100, 128x72, 2.5V, Non-Parity, ECC Registered (Recommended for Server use), CL2, 184-pin. 6 layer PCB to enhance stability and performance.

Industry Standard, guarantee to work on ALL SYSTEMS, that supports 72bit ECC resgistered RAM. Windows 2000 and XP ready.

Here is a link to it if you need more info:
http://www.ocsystem.com/sam1gbpcddrs.html

What concerns me is the part about "128bit x 72 bit". This seems like a bit out there for a RAM chip, and I wanted to make sure that your board supports a 72bit ECC registered RAM chip.

What do these "bits" mean? WIll a DDR motherboard support any set of DDR chips? (ie 64x64, 64x72, 128x72, etc.)

Thanks a bunch!

Xive

Back