• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some comparisons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

Here is a comparison between OCZ 2700 DDR 333 and Kingmax 2700 DDR 333 the first will be the OCZ.

This Kingmax isn't any better than my OCZ.
Only differenc is I can run it @ Cas 2 2 6,but can't go any higher on the FSB:(

157X10 is what I was running..
And I dont have any Mushkin to test..Sorry:)
Something is holding this thing back,it cant be temps my temps never get above 40c.It is really starting to P!SS me off:mad:

How do you do that without overclocking it.
I wish I knew what was holding me back:(

How are you measuring temps on the CPU? If you're running an AMD XP 1600+ (1400 MHz) at 1570MHz with 1.85 vcore on just an HSF, your temps should be pretty high right? Also, the XP 1600+ only does 133FSB (266 DDR) right? Then taking it to 156FSB is a big jump.

Do you have software to measure the memory bus? Do you know if the KT266 chipset can run in asynch mode?

Every burn in I have tryed it has never gotten above 41c

And the rest of that is correct..
I have mem test and Doc mem.
Dont know about the asynch mode//..

And I have seen 1600+ run a lot higher than this

I'm running a P4 1.6a @ 2ghz with pc-2700. I'm planning on upgrading to Corsair for their cl2 ram, then my comp will really kick #$$.

Well it don't matter now,one of my sticks of Kingmax just burned up,one of the pins is gone,I smelled it but couldnt save it:mad:

hmmmm

Interesting that both OCZ and Kingmax score exactly the same for you... Try pulling all your pci cards out and see if you can overclock it higher. If you can get higher, test each card one at a time and see what's holding you back. Might be voltage to either ram or cpu that you need. My 1600+ needs 1.9+ volts to go above 1.6Ghz.

Another option to try to get it higher besides a volt mod, is to run lower fsb with an 10.5x or 11x multiplyer (what I'm doing).

As for not getting as high on the mem bandwidth score as some other ppl... might just be differences in motherboards. I get about the same mem score as you(maybe a bit higher), but at 148 FSB, on my OCZ PC2700.

Well it may be my board,and I only have one stick of Kingmax left I dont know what caused this,but one of them burned off a pin,on slot 2,I wonder if it was a bad stick or the MB..

Well it happened im surely not lying to you:(
But I am convinced that my board may be the culprit:rolleyes:

Back