• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Won't run 3dmark at 140fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

Anyone know why my machine wont run 3dmark2001se at 140 fsb. It looks up halfway through. Memory timing is default and its set to normal performance. Any input would be helpful.

I haven't adjusted the volts at all. Didn't think I would have to at 140. what should I try for voltage?

if you cant finish 3dm, it means that your system is not stable at the speed. you may be able to do everything else at that speed, but if you cant run 3dm, and finish, not stable. run prime 95 at that speed and see what happens. then go through and start checking everything, starting with the ps and voltages.

The machine runs awsome at 133 and 135. I run 8180 3dmark2001se with the stock config. The best I ran so far was fsb135 and 285/281 on the video card was 8401. I could have sworn I ran this rig 140 FSB before. My buddy has almost the same setup but he runs corsair and he runs up to 160. Maybe my memory is junk.

All the Crucial I've had needed at least 2.9V to run at 160MHz.

I would say you're going to need more voltage as well if you want more than 140. My 8K7A+ ran at 166MHz no problem.

Back