• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My system is down again! Argh! What does error code 25 mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arch5

Hi all,

I am still around, and I am still going to be updating the Abit sticky, please be patient.

I recently got a new TH7II Raid to replace the one I broke(to save my processor). While waiting for the new board I revamped my cooling setup by placing my mini fridge on the desk next to my computer, thus shortening my lines. I also better insulated the whole system to reduce cold loss. After 2 days of testing and overclocking I got my system to run stable at 140fsb with the 400mhz setting, getting my 1.8a to run at 2.5 with my mem at 560mhz(PC1120). My res temp was a stable -6*C.

I was pretty happy with this until I came home after lunch to find my res temp at 3.4*c! when I tried to bring my computer out of sleep mode it was locked up. After re-booting I got an error code 25 with a really annoying beep. I think that when the res temp went above 0, condensation formed and is responsible for the lock up. This started two days ago and I am still getting the same error. I hope that if I wait some more the water will evaporate and I will be back in business. My other concern is that my new board, processor, or memory are now toast and that I will need to fork out more cash which is not fun.

By the way, I wire wrapped pins 1,2,3,4 on my processor and it works! Unfortunatlely, I could not get my system to hit 150fsb no matter what I tried!
If anyone knows what error code 25 is that might help alot!

Wish me luck!

I don't know what that code means, but I got it once and finally had to reset the CMOS jumper in order to be able to boot it up again.

I've tried resetting the CMOS several times to no avail. I was using only dielectric grease as my condensation prevention and If my memory is not dead I hope that by cleaning off the dielectric grease may get rid of any lingering moisture.

I'm still looking for the meaning of error code 25 if anyone finds it.

thanks,
Arch5

Back