• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingmax TinyBga

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco..Rules!

Registered
Hello can I get some user comments of this memory, how they liked it , does it run hotter than other memory used,etc (have good case cooling so this should not be a problem for me but jic)

going to upgrade soon to either a msi KZT kt266pro2-ru, or a gigabyte 7vrxp stability first, overclocking second

thanks for any feedback

I got 2x256mb of the TinyBGA PC150 SDRAM.

It is OK. In my rig, it will do cas2 up to about 152 with 1 stick
in. With both, I have to switch to cas3 at about 148 or so, but
it doesnt slow it down a lot.

Right now it is in my celly box, so it only has to run 130-138 or so....:D

There have been many good reviews on the Kingmax as a cheaper alternative. I myself ordered a stick along with a 8k3a and am awaiting delivery.

Just received a stick a few days ago. Runs as advertised in my Shuttle, 166MHz CAS2.5. Everything else is set most aggressive.

Definitely a good deal for the price.

another quesion

does it seem to run any cooler/hotter? , I reallly like the low profile of the kingmax , It seems that the ball-grid array is the way of the future(accoring to vid card makers anyway)

oh i forgot... thanks for all the feedback :)

I've had several pc150 x 256M all good to about 146-152FSB @ cas2, and cas3@155-169FSB the pc150 x 512M sticks don't work nearly as well, I can hit 166@cas3 but not even 133MHz @Cas2.
I sure would like to replace my crucial ddr with the kingmax 2700 so I can't say much about their ddr yet.

I just bought a 512 MB KingMax PC-150 in hopes of getting one stick up to 155-160 2-2-2, but from what Radaman says I doubt it. But I'm here in Japan so I can always sell it and get part of my money back.

And from what you guys say about the Kingmax PC-150 sticks, that is par for the course. You probably would have as good luck with Crucial. I find they do maybe 153 2-2-2.

The Mushkin Rev. 3 is the best I've seen so far. One 128 MB stick will do 155 2-2-2, and even 160 2-2-2, but I can't complete 3dMark2001 that high. It may be the BE6-II board I'm using which has no 1/2 AGP divider so my video card can't take it. I'm going to see if I can run 160 2-2-2 stable in 3D on a P3V4X or CUSL ('course I might not get as high as on a BE6-II).

I can tell no noticeable differences in heat. If I were to guess, considering both were at the same clock speed, the KingMax should run a little cooler considering the size of the chips.

That's just a guess though.

Back