• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi Ms-6368l ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belorsch

Folding Monk
Wanted to get opinions on this board. I'm going to be setting up a system and have a P3 900 available to me. I wanted to see if anyone here has experience with this board. Not looking for an oc'er. I'm just looking for a solid cheap board. TIA

bel

if youre using it to fold youll probably want to oc it.....but if you really dont want to oc it you may want to check out ECS boards, they cant be oced really but are very cheap and high quality and stable boards....but if you want ot oc i suggest an Abit BX133/BE6II or an ASUS P3V4X/CUV4X/ P3B-F are all very solid boards MSI didnt really come to the forefront until AMD blew up....also is your PIII slot1 or socket370....

This is a pc I'm putting together for someone else so it won't be oc'd. I'm hoping to get them to let it fold though. That might be configured into the price:) I'm not sure about it being slot or socket yet. I haven't gotten my hands on the cpu yet. The guy I'm getting it from bought it before he knew whether or not it would work with his pc(a Dell) and it doesn't. I thought I looked at the ecs boards and they were socket 462 or something. Do they have kits to use the slot1's or the other sockets with'em. Sorry I haven't shopped in the intel market for awhile:) Thanks for the reply.

I have an MSI6368l that I currently am running a Celley 1.3a on @ 1456. I have also run my p3-700e in it @ 784. If all you want is a decent cheap Mobo its ok. It doesn't oc very good but will run the latest celly-t chips for an upgrade path in the future. The video is not great but again will get you by , however you can not disconect the video in tha bios so you are stuck if you want someting better. Overall I would give it a c+ rating.

I am not sure but if that p3-900 is a socket 370 chip I bet it would be a good oc'er. Maybe look at the abit vh6t board it only cost about $73.00 on the web. But for an all in one solution the Msi 6368l is only about 69.00 with video+lan on board.

Good luck,

Thanks guys. I should have the proc tomorrow so I will find out then exactly what I have. Update later:)

Its a socket 370 933. I might take a harder look at that Abit VH6T. I would welcome any other mb suggestions too. Thanks

bel

Hey Dude, It would be a shame to waste that chip on a mobo like the MSI 6368l. I know you said this is being built for a friend or something but you could easily oc that chip to maybe 1120 (160fsb X 7) in a decent mobo and get really good performance out of it especialy on the memory bandwith side.

If you look at my sig you will see that I have a system that is almost the same except its a p3-700 (100X7) oc,ed to 1120 (160X7) and I have been really happy with its performance infact I originaly bought my vh6t to put my tuly 1.3a in but could not get to run over 117fsb and while the cpu and arithmetic benches were good it sucked on the memory benches so I put the p3-700@1120 in and left it. I will eventualy try a celly-t 1.1a in the mobo because I want all of the memory bandwith I can get and that takes a high fsb (133 or greater). You will also need some good memory chips too. That will be my last p3/cely system though because I am itching to build a p4 northwood 1.6a or 1.8a oc,ed to 2400-2600, but thats another topic for another day.
Good Luck

Back