• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc3300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IRONMAN

Registered
Has anyone run the OCZ PC3300, yet? If so, what kind of numbers is it pushing. Also, is there any know problems with it?

check it out :) .......

420%20bench.jpg

OCZ

2239/2145 at 148 FSB with my 256MB OCZ PC2700. The chips on it are 6ns.

All timings at maximum. cas2 2/2/2/5/2/4 1T 2.7v

I know it'll go higher with less agressive settings but my PCI cards are stopping me cold at 150. I'd post a pic of the bench, but I'm on a different computer cuz I'm at work right now.

zck250... you're right PC-2700 is 166Mhz

I have a few sticks of OCZ DDR and I think they kick ***!! PC-2400 variety, and no problems what-so-ever. You can't beat the price compared to Crucial, and the performance is there!!

I saw that new PC-3200 (400Mhz DDR) at NewEgg...

$134 for 256Mb of PC-3200 DDR is less than some others want for slower rated DDR.

I think OCZ needs to step up to the plate and get rid of thier previous bad reputation and offer a NO NONSENSE return policy if the memory doesn't perform as rated.

Its the only way they will remove the stigmatism surounding thier gray reputation....Personally I like OCZ and perhaps I just got lucky. But luck shouldn't be in the equation if the sticker says Pc2700 or Pc3300 and it doesnt do it.....They should offer a NON NONSENSE GUARANTEE

Thats my opinion. :temper:

It seems like some people have good experiences but the overwhleming majority of people have had problems like not running at rated speed etc.

I posted this message in another thread here, and I just copied it here because it applies to what Silversinksam is saying in here...

I have 2 sticks OCZ PC-2400 DDR and can't complain about a thing!!

I bought my sticks from different resellers, which weren't very well know and everything went fine. But for those who don't want to take a chance dealing with some of the smaller resellers that you aren't familiar with... NewEgg is carrying OCZ memory now, so you're getting the good performance and price of OCZ, and the reliable customer service of NewEgg!!

Silversinksam said:
I think OCZ needs to step up to the plate and get rid of thier previous bad reputation and offer a NO NONSENSE return policy if the memory doesn't perform as rated.

Its the only way they will remove the stigmatism surounding thier gray reputation....Personally I like OCZ and perhaps I just got lucky. But luck shouldn't be in the equation if the sticker says Pc2700 or Pc3300 and it doesnt do it.....They should offer a NON NONSENSE GUARANTEE

OCZ Technology offers a lifetime warranty on all memory products!
go to ocztech.com for config listings...of course some boards & vid cards can't handle the bad-a$$ DDR.:eek:

Silversinksam said:

I ordered two sticks of sdram 150 from them back when and got one good stick of tonicom however the other would not come close to 150. Yeah, they do need to stand by their products.

Thats fair enough I think they already do that but yes I agree.

No nonsense returns and good phone and email support maybe

even an online forum for help.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums. Is it true that you live in cyberspace or might one refer to you as a scarlet pimpernel (sp)?

OCMAster said:
Yes My wife thinks I live in Cyberspace anyways - LOL
Thanks For the welcome!!
Yes-welcome to the forumz......my wife kicked me out for forum addiction-lol-:D

i ordered a stick of ocz pc2400 from OCZ themselves, it was rated at 2-2-2 and the ad said it had micron chips. well, i got ram with nanya chips that wouldnt even do 133 at 2-2-2, or anything above 133 at 2.5-3-3. and ocz never returned a call or email, EVER!
its a real gamble, if u have the money to throw away on possibly a bad stick, just pay more 4 a better brand
-Malakai

Back