• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mobos for School Poject

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racerboy3v

Registered
Bear with me on this post please as I am not yet a hardcore O/C. Up till now just basic CPU stuff. Sorry for the length as well.

I have a project for school that requires one to be creative and unique. SO i decide to do an extreme overclock. No one else has ever done it in my school, so bonus points for me:)

The question I have is of Mobo choice. I am looking at either Abit VH6T or ST6 or ASUS TUA266. I am going with a Celeron 1 gig with the .13 micron. I can get the parts cheap through a wholesaler and since I am doing percent increase CPU speed and not total, I dont need a p4. I know all the logistics of O/C such as FSB and Core V, but have read that the Abit boards only allow about 1.75 on voltage before they flake out. I know the ASUS goes to 3.5 or so ( I know I will never need that.)

I plan to do like the guys in Finland did with the 2.2 p4 and put a copper bowl of liquid nitrogen ontop of the processor and maybe the chipset to keep it all cool.(and to add a nice fog effect:))Will I need the extra volts from the ASUS? Is the ASUS as easy to O/C as the Abit? What results can be predicted?

As i said, I know the logistics and what needs to happen. I am just unsure of the best hardware choice.

Back