• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR 333 review on various brands

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Here is a review on current ddr333 ram. Unfortunately they did not get corsair or ocz in for the review, stay tuned for that in part 2.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/Memory/DDR333/

I am struggling to seek out the best ram for my KT333 Gigabyte board.

I have though about pc2400 cas 2 corsair ram cause I heard and read it runs cas 2 @ pc 2700 speeds, anyone got feedback on this ? And if anyone knows anything about Nanya or Samsung ddr 333 ram shed some light on its performance if you are using it personally

Cisco Kid

One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Kingmax sticks tested were the wrong ones. Different PCBs & chips.

The VR-Zone sticks;

MPLB62D-68KX3
KingMax-m.jpg

KingMax-chip.jpg

Compare the layout to what I have, MPMB62D-68KX3, & you will notice the difference in the PCB & also the -05 chips.

Last edited:
sonny said:
One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Kingmax sticks tested were the wrong ones. Different PCBs & chips.

The VR-Zone sticks;

MPLB62D-68KX3
KingMax-m.jpg

KingMax-chip.jpg

Compare the layout to what I have, MPMB62D-68KX3, & you will notice the difference in the PCB & also the -05 chips.

So what are you saying, besides the ram being different but made by the same company. This only shows that it is a crapshoot on the quality of ddr ram you get from any company if you can not actively check before buying as some vendors are just "take it or leave it"

This is whay I am having a challenge finding real pc 2700 cas 2 that is what it says for a reasonable price.

Cisco KId

Cisco Kid said:
Here is a review on current ddr333 ram. Unfortunately they did not get corsair or ocz in for the review, stay tuned for that in part 2.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/Memory/DDR333/

I am struggling to seek out the best ram for my KT333 Gigabyte board.

I have though about pc2400 cas 2 corsair ram cause I heard and read it runs cas 2 @ pc 2700 speeds, anyone got feedback on this ? And if anyone knows anything about Nanya or Samsung ddr 333 ram shed some light on its performance if you are using it personally

Cisco Kid

I believe Nanya was included in the review.

i have 333Hz memory in my pc but not know what i actually got, Is it possible to find it out by any software,which one?

cheers max

..coool, just took the effort and opened all my stuff, and... i have 'winbond' :)
which seems do very well in this test; around performance of 'kingmax' which all persons here mention. (not knew about all just ordered,otherwise i'd never have bought new pc:)

maxleo said:
i have 333Hz memory in my pc but not know what i actually got, Is it possible to find it out by any software,which one?

cheers max

Have to take one out and look at it. It will be printed on each block.

maxleo said:
..coool, just took the effort and opened all my stuff, and... i have 'winbond' :)
which seems do very well in this test; around performance of 'kingmax' which all persons here mention. (not knew about all just ordered,otherwise i'd never have bought new pc:)

Most every one starts out buying the first PC. After that....it's up to you.:)

maxleo said:
Silver yep, the big question is, is life more interesting with or without planning?..:)

Can't say for sure however my lack of planning has sure made life exciting.:D

So what you are saying that MPMB62D-68KX3
DDR-333 256 MB CL 2.5,are you saying this isnt the good stuff?
On the chips it says KDL684T4AA AND AT THE BOTTOM IT SAYS -60
Why would Kingmax do this I had heard they wasnt going to use 5ns chips anymore they are going to be 6ns.So I have a bunch of crap AGAIN:mad:
I got this to replace the OCZ and this isnt any better
So what do I have.Please tell me,I can take it:(

Dave65 said:
On the chips it says KDL684T4AA AND AT THE BOTTOM IT SAYS -60
Why would Kingmax do this I had heard they wasnt going to use 5ns chips anymore they are going to be 6ns.So I have a bunch of crap AGAIN:mad:
I got this to replace the OCZ and this isnt any better
So what do I have.Please tell me,I can take it:(

No, you missed it. They are marking the 5ns chips as 6ns on the 333 as the 5ns chips are already running faster and they want to use it for the higher. Clearly you have a good deal. Move the voltage up a little on the Kingmax. Just about everyone has to in order to move it up in speed. What voltage are you running at now and are you running cas 2.5?

Dave65 said:
That's the good stuff:beer: What you want to avoid are the MPLB62D-68KX3 KDL684T4A2A -06. They got the older PCB.

LOOK HERE for more info.

Voltage is 1.85 and DDR voltage is 2.8 and running 2.5 - 2 - 5 - 2
175X9 .
My chips say -60 not 06 does this matter?

All of the test I have seen show that stuff running a little over 180 fsb at cas 2. Might even push it higher with more v but 2.8v is good enough. Change it to cas2 from 2.5 and lets see a sisoft memtest result. Looking for something in the 2450 to 2500 range.

Dave, if you can bring the fsb up to 180 and 2.9v. Move the cpu v up to 1.9v and keep an eye on temps.

I got the volts as high as they will go 1.85 and 2.8 DDR
If I go up to 180 FSB what multiplier should I use?
And here is my mem test for those settings 2.5 cas..

If I go to 180 @ 2.5 I get blue screen of death,so I know it wont go @ 2:(
I just got this KT3 today,I think I should have gotten the Gigabyte with the AMD chipset..I think it was 761 or something/.

Go to cas 2.0 and try a mem test. After that then move up to 180 and see if it will go. It may not as you may need 1.9 to move up but I suspect the ram will run at cas2.

Get back to us.

Dave65 said:
If I go to 180 @ 2.5 I get blue screen of death,so I know it wont go @ 2:(
I just got this KT3 today,I think I should have gotten the Gigabyte with the AMD chipset..I think it was 761 or something/.

Now don't take this wrong as the board is good. Can you send it back? I am using the best board I have ever had and for the price of a stick of ram. Epox 8K3A. Has 1/5 pci divisor, 1/2.5 agp divisor, 2.2v to core (max and stock, no modding), 3.2v to ddr (max, no mod) and is fast as hexx. Got it $115 shipped from newegg.com. Your ram would be perfect for it.

Anyway, go back to 178 but change the cas to cas2 and set all of the ram timings to fastest. I.e. 2,2,5,2 4 way, (8way if you have it-mine does), 1t timing if it has it, etc. Then if all is well, get a memtest.

Back