• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sonny

Senior TIFOSI
Have you guys ever wondered why the new DDR400 from Kingmax look like the first release of their DDR333?

DDR400 with the supposed new PCB & 5ns chips;
Link dead. Pls. look below.

And the "older" DDR33 below the new DDR400;
Link dead. Pls. look below.

According to this article anyway

Now compare these to the sticks I bought that are suppose to be DDR333;

Last edited:
Yes and I understand they are using the same chips in the ddr400. As I understand it they are now marking the ddr333 6, however it is the same ram.

As we all know the Kingmax2700 is quite cabable of breaking 200 fsb.

Silver said:
Yes and I understand they are using the same chips in the ddr400. As I understand it they are now marking the ddr333 6, however it is the same ram.
Well the "new" DDR333 seem to have different PCBs. Nobody can ever be sure if it's the same ram since the last time they made a mistake in marking the ram.
Silver said:
As we all know the Kingmax2700 is quite cabable of breaking 200 fsb.
True they can hit really high FSB but there were a few that didnt like to do it with aggressive timings.

Always a couple of those. Generally though it has had pretty good reviews. Now I got mine yesterday (looks like one of the first two) and it arrived DOA. Will be contacting Newegg as soon as they arrive at work. BTW my stick of Crucial 2100 is running right now at 183 with the turbo settings on the new 8K3A.

I seriously think that Kingmax decided to name the DDR333 with the new PCB to DDR400 since they hit those speeds anyway.

sonny said:
I seriously think that Kingmax decided to name the DDR333 with the new PCB to DDR400 since they hit those speeds anyway.

Read an article to that effect. Stated that they remarked the 333 to 06 and the 400 to 05. Same ram though.

Silver said:
Read an article to that effect. Stated that they remarked the 333 to 06 and the 400 to 05. Same ram though.
Sneaky SOBs they can be.

To everyone planning on buying just remember to get the newer PCB lay-out, shorter traces = less capacitance.

hi soony

you comment is very correct
ppl say have kingmax ddr 333 with old chip 5ns
and have good settings

i have new ddr 333 6ns and no soport fast timmings with high fsb
=((

They might be the same chips but they are marked different.

My old kingmax 2700 chips,
KDL684T4A2A -05

My new kingmax 400 chips,
KDL684T4AA -50

Last edited:
Just like this.

kingmax333chip.jpg

Back