• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I have a PC-133 128MB mem module that pretty much sux, it won't do 134MHz (in BIOS my mobo won't do 133 exactly) @ CAS 2 (2-2-2) stable, I'm now @ 2-2-3, so my Q is I'm burning in for almost two hours now on high priority (with Sandra mem-bench) and it seems stable so far, is it an indicator of RAM stability, and will the 3 instead of the 2 make a big difference betwin RAM performance?

the last number for memory is less important than the first (i hope that made sense :) ) Do some mem benches and compare 2-2-2 to 2-2-3 at the same FSB speed and see if there is a difference. It will be minor (<.01%) at worst. I hardly think you would notice that :)

If you have to back off the timings to get a higher FSB, do some real-world benchmarks to see if you are better off with a higher FSB&CPU speed or faster mem timings.

good luck

Back