• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beep code is it my memory ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with my system for a couple weeks now. These are the different blue screen stop: errors ive received..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL <------ got this error a few times with different stop: codes

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO <-------- got this one once then I formatted

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA <----1st error after format

Process_has_locked_pages <-- 2nd after format

Along with a few screen freezes!!

Each of these errors I only received once except the first (but it always had different numbers after the stop: ) now my system won't even boot and I get a beep code (I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD HAPPEN ) I hope this will finally help me find out what is wrong..

I can't figure out which beep code it is though ..

Long(Beep) continuous DRAM isn't inserted correctly.
Short(Beep) continuous POWER supply has a problem

Does long continuous mean like one loooooong non stop beep or a long beep then a pause long beep pause ect.

Because im getting beeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeep ect. LOL it's kind of hard to write but I think you get it...:D .... I'd like to add I took the memory out and tried to start and got the same beep code but If it was the power supply then I believe it would error before even getting to the ram...

Last edited:
does ur screen power on, like the led color change? It might be the video card. The irq not set equal or less is caused by hight overclocking and memory.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP beep beep beep means a video card is down.

Bmxpunk86pl said:
does ur screen power on, like the led color change? It might be the video card. The irq not set equal or less is caused by hight overclocking and memory.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP beep beep beep means a video card is down.
Yes it does, and I just ran down the streat and grabed a stick of ram out of a buddys pc and stuck it and every thing works!! In close inspection of the ram I found three of the filters (or what ever they are) fell off! I hope they don't notice this when I RMA it and say I was at fault....:eek:

Back