• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software showing memory brand?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To my knowledge, no. There are programs that will test it and give you output on the speed rating and various optimum settings.

you can get Sisoft Sandra to identify your memory brand- it reads the info of the RAM's SPD chip.

Sometimes for some reason Sandra can't read certain chips, and on those I use CTSPD. This program always works.

As long as your RAM has a SPD module, CTSPD will be able to read it and tell you who made it, and some other cool stuff too. Really cheapo RAM has no SPD-ROM at all, and so don't work, but that's pretty rare nowadays.

Thank you a lot.

Meanwhile i just opened my stuff - I am sooooooo lazy....
Anyway i tried this interesting CTSPD, but complains already when starting 'my memory is wrong'. Maybe has to do with my VMWARE where my windows is 'in quarantaine'; maybe because my board P4S333 is not in the listbox means not supported of the tool.

But looks like I have 'winbond' W942508AH-6,
("My name is Bond, Win Bond")

I coult set it to 2 2 3 7 1 no idea if this is good; with 2 2 3 6 1 and 2 2 2 7 1 booting stopped. What is strange my sandra memory-benchmark is not better than with standard bios settings '2.5 4 4 7 auto'.

greetings max

You can also find this information in MotherBoardMonitor5. On the General page choose "System Info" and then click on the little chip icon. Gives a pretty good run down. I just found this today. Turns out I have a bad bank "0". Checksum comes back as "Faulty." Tested the memory in the other two slots to ensure it wasn't the memory, also used a different stick. Only get the Faulty error in bank 0. :mad: Brand new ST6 too.......:mad:

Back