• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair pc-3000/3300!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Would this ram work in my Msi 645 ultra 333 which is set up for pc-2700 ram?

All RAM is backwards compatible.
All it means is you can run higher FSB without worrying about the memory. But I have heard bad stories about memory....
Corsair should be good though.

M_N

I am angry at Corsair b/c I just bought some XMS2700 and about a week later, when they announce this stuff, the XMS2700 goes down by almost 30% in price :mad: Argh, i shoulda just gotten Samsung or Kingmax. oh well :)

All RAM is backwards compatible

All RAM is backwards compatible?? does that mean i can use PC 3300 on my comp thats made to use PC 2100?

Re: All RAM is backwards compatible

MrRealityman1 said:
All RAM is backwards compatible?? does that mean i can use PC 3300 on my comp thats made to use PC 2100?

Yes thats what he means.
PC3300 (3200) is the same as your old ram it's just better and can take higher speed.

Just to clarify RealityMan - you can use it in your PC2100 DDR slots, but it won't make it any faster.

If you put PC3200 in a PC2100 slot, and leave the default settings alone, it will run as if it were PC2100, not PC3200.

Works the same way as a CPU. You can run an Athlon at its rated speed of 1.6 Ghz, but you can also run it at 1.2 Ghz if you really wanted to.

Back