• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ With SAMSUNG Chips!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elmokiddo

Registered
It looks like OCZ will now be using Samsung Chips, I just have a request, everyone is gonna rant on about how OCZ sucks,

Only do this if you experianced something yourself it dosn't help anyone if you write "OCZ Sucks!" or "I heard OCZ wasn't that good"

"The new memory uses Samsung chips, we have found them to be faster and more reliable." from an email they sent me

Elmokiddo
aka Fighter5

Hey how can you tell If their samsung chips on your memory? I just got mine a couple of days ago and the heatspreader is on. I don't wanna void the warranty by removing the sticker ( I might be sending them back).

the sticker shouldt cover ALL of the chips, and you should at least be able to read the silk screening on one of the chips, they all say the same thing

oops nm missed the part of the heatspreader... in that case, i dunno, mabey you could test it and see how far it goes at cas 2 fsb wise, if it does fairly well it could be samsung, but i dont know if thers any surefire way of knowing... sorry i couldt be of more help

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

...and the addiction...

I have a stick of Samsung in my rig and

its DDR PC2100 i am running it at CL2.5 turbo on a fsb of 172

Back