• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Vs. RDRAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on how you compare them.......:)

RDRAM is no doubt faster, than DDR, but the gap in performance in no way warrants the high price of RDRAM (come to think of it, DDR prices have jumped 100% from when I bought mine!)

If you overclock, that increases the performance of your memory, so in a synthetic benchmark like Sandra, the scores edge OC'd DDR in front of stock RDRAM (see below)

As a comparison, here's some hard figures from the UK.....

512Meg (2*256)of PC-800 RDRAM is £162.15

512Meg of Crucial PC2100 DDR is £131.60 (It's getting dearer! I got a 256Meg stick of Crucial PC2100 in December for £35.....)

on thursday, i will be using both, in a new board for rambus and ddr.:D just kidding, i will have a th7II-raid, and i already bought the rambus, 2-128 sticks of samsung. i will put this in the vapochill, and i will run a p4s333 asus, with a 1.6a and kingmax ddr for my kiddie:D

or you can say that RDRAM overclocked will perform better than stock DDR (RDRAM stock also performs better than stock DDR)

Back