• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fried Tilapia

Hey guys could you tell me what would be the best kind of memory I could get for an MSI K7T266 PRO2? I'm kinda new to this so I'm not sure If my memory is the thing that is holding me back. I'm trying to get more from my processor.

i say crucial if it has dram voltage adjustments. otherwise you might need some more expensive corsair
-Malakai

The MSI board supports DDR RAM. Thats a start.

PC2100 is standard stuff and should be OK at 266MHz
PC2400 is decent for overclocking and should handle 300MHz OK
PC2700 is the latest type of RAM and is rated to 333MHz.

PC2100 RAM will be the cheapest, but not so good for overclocking.

Brand is very important with RAM. If it aint branded, dont buy it. Crucial, Kingston, Samsung, Corsair and Micron are good brands.

Check out the stickied poll on the best RAM for overclocking for more info and opinions.

Yeah I was interested in finding out the best memory, (highest mhz able to run) at highest memory meory settings (cas2).

My OCZ3000 is disapointing me at this point and I needed some suggestions on which manufacturers ram I should replace it with.

Thx for your replies guys!:) I think I'm leaning towards Crucial or Kingmax right now.

Back