• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can run 166 mhz fsb cas 2 reliably?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raley

Registered
What brand can run at 166 mhz fsb reliably at CAS2? I'm going to have an XP 1600+ and I'm not sure that I am going to try to unlock it as it is my brother's computer and I don't want to break the processor and have to spring for a new one.

This being said, I am going to overclock it using FSB and I need the best ram that can do this for me. I see the PC3000 OCZ CAS2 is at the same price as the PC2100 Crucial CAS2.5 and I believe there are some other options in this 80 dollar price range for Kingmax and possibly some others.

What are your opinions? Which brand is going to best get the job done for me? Thanks for any help that you all can give.

raley

First of all, welcome to the forums. :)

I would shoot for PC2400 or more likely PC2700 from a reputable company. I'm not sure if there are "true" PC3000 sticks out there. I prefer Samsung, Crucial, Corsair, or Kingmax. I'm sure some other people in the forums have more expierience with this particular situation than I. Good luck.

My Corsair pc3000 is running 382mhz (191) with fastest timings at cas 2.

in another post someone said at the most most most aggressive timing his samsung pc2700 did 175 mhz fsb at 2.6 volts... which is pretty good I think... so I am ordering this... Hopefully I will get similar results :p

Back