• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Got Some DDR400 to test!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Yippers, I got Micron DDR400 memory on my desk here!

I also have the ASUS A7N266-E to test this memory at a very high speed. If I can unlock the XP1500, I will be expecting FSB speeds over 333FSB.

I will update you all from the new machine once I get it up and running. I dont give this machine away till monday so I got the whole weekend to play!

Unfortuneatly, I wont have the second DIMM intime for testing since I originally wanted to do memory benchmark tests with DUEL channel DDR with the nForce. Ohwell, youll still get a piece of DDR400 goodness.

About the memory:

This memory is Micron Ram, rated -5.5ns which is well within spec of CL2.5 DDR400. I'm also garaunteed 333MHz with CL2 so either way, I'm gonna have a win win situation. Well, I'll get started and report back!

UPDATE: In case you were wondering which density this dimm is, its a 16chip 256MB Dimm.

AXIA

Last edited:
OMG

how did you get that. and from micron, that is like crucial!

i want some, have fun with it! :p

Ahh

Can I ask you something?

Even the Micron DDR333 that's not out yet has "ES" or Engineering Sample stamped on it. How could you have DDR400 Micron with no ES stamp on it?

I don't believe any DDR400 samples would NOT have ES on it.

I think you got ripped off......

They are DDR333 production samples that are rated CL2 but also are certified to run at DDR400 CL2.5 speeds.

I'm working on getting one more Dimm so I can run a Twin-Bank memory architecture and see how things go from here.

I'll update you when I get things moving. I've got the test bed almost finished. I'm trying to unlock the XP, its freakin hard man. I have failed twice already and I am attempting a third try.

AXIA

Very nice,

PC3300 DDR400 is supposed to be unstopable for overclocking potential on all boards, even on the KT333.

Micron forever when it comes to memory!

Last edited:
Back