• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with this picture

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL
what brand is that?
just wondering if the manufactor had the error, or the shop he got the stick from.

16^2

Jeff Bolton said:
lol wouldn't that be nice. i'll admit i stared at that thing for like 3 minutes before i realized what the problem was....:rolleyes:

jeff

Did not take me quite that long, but I also had a moment of "What is wrong with that? I don't see anything...oh".:p

It only reads it as 256,I thought maybe it was something new they came up with lol!
Its just a generic brand,he went in and picked it up at the infamous webuildpcs or abilitywholesale if you will and it appears they put the sticker on there.I wonder how many they did before they relized it was wrong:rolleyes:
I told him to just order some good stuff but he wouldnt wait a few days for shipping so he got what he paid for.It wont even do 142fsb,sad.

*JEREMY* said:
It wont even do 142fsb,sad.

So take it back and tell them that it's laballed pc2700, but it's not. pc2700 should be tested to run flawlessly at 150fsb. Pop in some of your memory to prove that the system itself could do over 142fsb and tell them you just want to return it because it's not performing at its rated speed. I had a situation like that a while ago where my pc2100 would only do 129fsb. I just politely told them the situation and asked to return it. I mailed it to them (certified) and got a refund check in about a week and a half.

David said:
lol.
:D

Take it back and complain that 9MB is missing :rolleyes:

haha. good one. I wouldnt go near that store ever again. I finally got my fans from them 2 months after I ordered them.

Wouldn't be nice find a store where they don't know what they selling to you? i'm talking about 1 Gb sticks for 256 mb:D :D

and pc2700 is designed to hit 166FSB. So if all your gettin is 142, then you may have some bad ram. RMA my friend, RMA

Well he bought it in store so he would just have to go back and return it but these guys wont take anything back if they test it and it works,dont matter if it reaches that speed or not.I dont deal with these guys anymore because I know lol,but thats a whole new topic for a different section.
We tried it in my new epox and I got it to 145 but with the worse settings,he learned his lesson-DONT BUY CHEAP RAM!

Back