• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DIRK DIGGLER

I'm new to the DDR arena and I'm having a minor setback.
I have a P4 1.6 northwood and samsung pc2700 on a SOYO Dragon Ultra. mem does 166 no prob untill I clock the P4 up to 133 FSB then it only wants to run 133 too. will not post at 133/166. will more core volts to the mem get it to run 133/166?
This may seem like a dumb question to you guys but im not use to DDR yet:rolleyes:

DIRK DIGGLER said:
I have a P4 1.6 northwood and samsung pc2700 on a SOYO Dragon Ultra. mem does 166 no prob untill I clock the P4 up to 133 FSB then it only wants to run 133 too. will not post at 133/166. will more core volts to the mem get it to run 133/166?
This may seem like a dumb question to you guys but im not use to DDR yet:rolleyes:

Try jacking up the RAM voltage, that may help.

Uh........... hmm............ DOH!!!!!

Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

DIRK DIGGLER said:
I'm not familiar with Intel systems but maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

When you say 133/166 fo you mean that you are trying to run the CPU at 133MHz & the memory at 166Mhz as in asychronous? If so then your CPU which is 16 X 100 = 1600MHz is trying to run at 16 X 133 = 2128MHz then YES you will need to up the voltage to your CPU since that is a mighty high O/C. Since I have no clue on voltages & heat issues with the PIV1.6A it would be a good idea to post this in the Intel CPUs section of the foums. I could be totally wrong too:D

Actuly

I've been playin a bit now and have both runing smoth as hell at 140 fsb 2.24 gig and both mem and proc are running defalt volts.
So I am becoming very happy! proc runs at 46/51deg celcus. not bad for stock cooling. P4 northwoods are awsome OCers. Have a strip of 2700 kingmax on the way mabe it'll do the 166 fsb. Thanks for the input guys.

Re: Actuly

DIRK DIGGLER said:
I've been playin a bit now and have both runing smoth as hell at 140 fsb 2.24 gig and both mem and proc are running defalt volts.
So I am becoming very happy! proc runs at 46/51deg celcus. not bad for stock cooling. P4 northwoods are awsome OCers. Have a strip of 2700 kingmax on the way mabe it'll do the 166 fsb. Thanks for the input guys.

Cool!
I'm an AMD fan myself, but I might try a woody sometime. Glad to hear you got a good overclock on that. Hows about some benches perhaps?

Back