• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST DDR 2700 memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WaTaGuMp

I am looking for suggestions on what memory is the best for running at 160mhz and up. With the settings I have for my mobo I only the have 1.33 multiplier avaliable to run the memory so I need memory that can run at 160 mhz or higher. Let me know some stuff that you guys have that can run at that. Right now I have seen Corsair that will do that speed.

I am also interested in this. I just ordered an Epox 8K3A+, and would like to run at 166 FSB with aggressive memory timings. If I could hit 200 FSB, that would be amzing. Supposedly this board has the /5 PCI divisor, so the rest of the system SHOULD be able to handle it. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
WaTaGuMp said:
I am looking for suggestions on what memory is the best for running at 160mhz and up. With the settings I have for my mobo I only the have 1.33 multiplier avaliable to run the memory so I need memory that can run at 160 mhz or higher. Let me know some stuff that you guys have that can run at that. Right now I have seen Corsair that will do that speed.

I heard OCZ rocks to house! I have seen up to 179fsb with OCZ, but that is CAS 2.5. Also I have heard that OCZ is either really good, or not at all. So it is a gamble just my 2 cents. I am using Nanya myself, but I won't OC it till I get a better HSF for my Athlon.

First there are no 1/6 dividers on the 8K3A, only 1/5. I run Corsair XMS2700 and have gotten it to 200FSB CAS2, turbo 1T etc. At that speed my vid card freaks out and I see spots all over the screen. My "everyday" setting is 182x10. The Corsair rocks, I have heard good things about Kingmax too and very mixed things about OCZ.

I got some pc2700 Kingmax that wouldnt even run at fastest timings (ultra).

zck250,

Ultra? Are you using an AMD760 board.

8/10ns is CL5-3-5

Normal is CL3-3-3

Medium is CL3-3-2

Fast is CL2-3-2

Turbo is CL2-2-2

Ultra is CL1.3-1.3-1.3

Almost no ram can run Ultra with speeds above 266MHz.

AXIA

Im running my MSI KT3 Ultra with Kingmax 2700 and im running 2,2,5,2,4,8,1t command enabled and Ultra speed:)

WaTaGuMp said:

my crucial 2100 will hit 191 and at 166 will run the fastest settings as will my samsung 2700. Interesting though, the samsung will best at 192, only 1 higher than the crucial. The samsung will do it at a lower voltage though.

:) It's kinda like a "what's the best power supply?" thread isn't it... like- how many different ways can you say "Antec"? ..
well.. there's the Samsung PC2700 with the 6ns chips on it that everyone is running at 190 - 200 ... then there's the Corsair XMS2700 that uses the handpicked 7.5ns rated chips by..uh.. Samsung... and then there's the latest greatest new OCZ superwhizbangenschmokincranker...with uh... oh...ok... Samsung chips. :D
Of course there's always the other guy- Enermax (oops.. wrong thread).. I meant Kingmax.. They seem to work well too!

Have fun.. ;)

Re: Re: BEST DDR 2700 memory

Silver said:

my crucial 2100 will hit 191 and at 166 will run the fastest settings as will my samsung 2700. Interesting though, the samsung will best at 192, only 1 higher than the crucial. The samsung will do it at a lower voltage though.

yea i was waiting for someone to mention that. i'm gunna get me one of them sticks for my new rig!

Winterhawk said:
:) It's kinda like a "what's the best power supply?" thread isn't it... like- how many different ways can you say "Antec"? ..
well.. there's the Samsung PC2700 with the 6ns chips on it that everyone is running at 190 - 200 ... then there's the Corsair XMS2700 that uses the handpicked 7.5ns rated chips by..uh.. Samsung... and then there's the latest greatest new OCZ superwhizbangenschmokincranker...with uh... oh...ok... Samsung chips. :D
Of course there's always the other guy- Enermax (oops.. wrong thread).. I meant Kingmax.. They seem to work well too!

Have fun.. ;)

My Corsair xms2700 has 6ns chips.

Zck250-
I checked back, and my source on that info for the Corsair is a bit dated now (which means about 12 seconds old in the computer world :) ) Apparently for awhile, Corsair was handpicking Samsungs 7.5ns PC2100 chips to make their PC2700- which doesn't surprise me- lots of guys have been running Samsung's PC2100 at 190 and up. I would expect they've switched to 6ns chips by now, as they like to stay on top of the game..

For Corsair fans, here's a link to a test of their latest...
http://www.pcpowerzone.co.uk/reviews.php?id=80&page=1

It's a single-sided stick- Tests are showing they tend to be faster, but can give more trouble when using more than one.. that was the story on the single sided 2700 anyway..

and a good info source (forum moderated by Corsair employee..)

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/forumdisplay.php?forumid=128

I've had awesome performance from Mushkin's SDram- they've been a little slow to pick up the high end of DDR, but I'd be very surprised if they put out a product that didn't do what they claim it will, and then some.... anyone know whose chips they're using on their 3200 yet..?

Back