• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im also very curious about the Mushkin PC3200 DDR modules, it's the first time i've ever seen PC3200 modules and their cheap ! very cheap even... I guess they should overclock well, if thei do 200MHz at default voltage, they should do more if overvoltage is appliyed ! And they also got heat spreaders incluided if im not mistaken ! :)

PC3200

Newegg doesn't have it yet... I'm ordering parts for a pc for my dad, and as a bonus I'm going to trade up and give him my current cpu and memory, and get some upgrades for myself. Guess I'll be the idiot who risks trying out OCZ PC3200!

no the pc3000 is oced 2700 i believer, even though they say DEAFULT speed is 183 at cas 2.5 that is NON overlclocked. BUt the pc3200 is supposed to default at 200, not just overclocked 166, if it was overclocked 166, already at 200 it would not go much if ANY higher

The thing that cought my eye when I saw 3200 out there was the word copper. COPPER heat spreaders. That just makes it sound cool. I'm going to have to get some! (Too bad my FSB isn't going to make it to 200)

Sounds like it's time for a new rig!

yeah that RAM looks good but i don't think theres any benchmarks out for it yet. I guess i will have to order it to find out. I just wanna make sure that i get the best overclocking RAM for my new 8k3a+ :)

oc jason said:
no the pc3000 is oced 2700 i believer, even though they say DEAFULT speed is 183 at cas 2.5 that is NON overlclocked. BUt the pc3200 is supposed to default at 200, not just overclocked 166, if it was overclocked 166, already at 200 it would not go much if ANY higher

Corsair engineer told me directly that it is Samsung TCB3 chips tested to run at 3200 speed. TCB3 chips are 333 chips not 400 chips.

I got the Mushkin pc3000 yesterday and its excellent stuff....Only $85 to boot, I am running it at the most aggresive settings and its performing flawlessly :clap:

whoo hoooo i just ordered Kingmax 256MB 32x64, true PC3200 DDR400. I will see how this stuff is instead..

TRANCER24 said:
yeah that RAM looks good but i don't think theres any benchmarks out for it yet. I guess i will have to order it to find out. I just wanna make sure that i get the best overclocking RAM for my new 8k3a+ :)
The 8k3a+ is the only board I would consider for the DDR400.-You are making a great choice!:)

just ordered some too!

already have some corsair xms3000, we'll see which one gets rma'd.

XMS3000 is rock stable at 187 2-3-6-3-1T 2.9V , i tried 2-5-2 and a 2 hour reformat/reinstall session followed; if that kingmaxx will run at 2-2-2-5-1T at 2.9V then we have ourselfs a winner.

To bad my radeon 8500 won't run at over 190fsb, hopefully a future 8k3a+ bios will add another agp divider.

the 1st ram that hits 200fsb at absolute lowest timings(2-2-2 and 1 command) is when ill upgrade my crucial.
and who said the 8K3A is the only board that will do 200fsb?
i can almost garuntee my 8KHA+ will do it just fine, my AGP dividers WORK! hahaha
j/k
-Malakai

Just a little FYI here ......

Kingmax does not produce the ram chips themselves .....

They buy bare wafer from wafer fabs such as winbond , Micron ect and have the actual silcon set in to the own package with their own markings ( IE -5NS). The company that does this located in taiwan ( the company name that packages the ram is Kingpax I beleive.It was at one time ACTRAM that packaged the chips , you may know them from the tonicom PC-166 chips a while back )
Then they speed grade each chip to their own internal grading system , not to say the chips wont do that speed , but there margins are not quite the same as a real DDR SDRAM IC manufacurers( Wafer fabs ). ...................................

When wafer fabs*( Micron ,Hynix, samsung ) package there own silicon into chips ( tsop or BGA) they provide a large amount of headroom , this is why the name brands ( Micron , Hynix, Samsung) are so overclockable they have a larger amount of head room............................

Basicaly Kingmax is doing what all the high performance ram guys( Corsair/Mushkin/OCZ ) do testing each chip for a speed acording to their own internal grading system. Kingmax just happens to use BGA packaghing technology and have there own chips packaged ................

:p

Back