• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory clearing without shutting off pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneak

im using windows xp and i was wondering if there is a program that will clear my memory without having to restart or shutdown. Does any1 know of a program that does that and if you do can you paste me a link or tell me where to downlaod it.

thanks

clearing mem is liked defragmenting your ram. it takes out all the junk and keeps free memory to a max

That MaxMem utility is a REAL nifty tool!

My comp stays on 24/7, and for some reason (Isuspect my crappy RAM) sometime when I try opening a program I would get an error message like "Program so-and-so encounters an error while trying to access memory at address such-and-such" and the proggie refuses to open. Now all I have to do is click on MaxMem to make it flush the memory, wait a few seconds and tada, the proggie works again! :D A real timesaver,imho.;)

Back