• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory voltage -- please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
Im new to o/cing and i was curious what are the general guidelines for memory voltage o/cing? my sys im tlaking about is not the one in the sig but my northwood 2.0ghz @ 2.3ghz (1.550v and 115fsb) and i would like to see it more but it wont go more without "checksum error". should i up voltage on core and mem more? its corsair pc 2700 ram.

mem voltage

Its probably safe to raise the memory voltage up to 2.8 or 2.9 b4 you need to think about cooling the memory. Raising it should improve stability at higher bus speeds, although so will more conservative latency/timing settings.

well i have the thermaltake memory cooling heatsinks on so im not concerned about cooling.. i jus dont wanna fry my ram chip or even change voltage if its not gonna affect my o/cing....at what fsb's or level do i need to start tweaking memory

mem volts

I've seen people running Crucial PC2100 @ 3.2v in order to get a high FSB. As long as air is moving over the ram, it should be fine at higher voltage settings. Feel it and see if its hot.

Back