• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ vs. Corsair XMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azzkiller

Hi. We are going to run a EPOX 8K3A+ KT333CE DDR333 motherboard. We were thinking about going with Corsair XMS 512meg Pc2400. But, then we saw the OCZ 512meg PC-3000 ram for 3 dollars less than the Corsair. That would give us an increase over the pc2400, right? Or is it even noticable? What kind of performance gains would we be getting? What do you guys think about the reputation of OCZ, good stuff or crap? Thanks.

Thanks guys for the opinions, but have either of you actually used the OCZ? I mean, what about them makes them so crappy? Phil, as you know this is for Sam's system, so we are not going to be doing overclocking, the FSB will be running at 166mhz. The overclocking potential of this ram is not really needed. (its rated at 183mhz) It would be nice however to have ram running at 166mhz fsb rather than a 133mhz fsb (corsair XMS). Any more opinions?

Just incase you havn't heard, all of the New OCZ stuff Uses Samsung memory instead of whatever they were using before, all of this memory is 6ns (PC2700 i think) which has been tested to 5ns

I think everyone should rething their opinions on OCZ,

Ontop of this most of the stock that people say is bad OCZ was actually fake, check out www.ocztech.com they even havea press release from january on it

I am NOT an expert, but I bought an OCZ 400 256 Meg DDR at the computer swap meet last weekend for $90. In my crappy P4S33-M it would clock higher than my Samsung or Corsair 2700 cas2 DDR. The OCZ PC3000 256 Megs for $85 that I bought earlier was at least as good as the Samsung and Corsair and cheaper.
John

Back