• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying new ram need help pls!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

At new egg there are different types of ram, I am going to get a 256 mb chip but am unsure of which to get. I would really like opinions of the cheaper stuff, I do not overclock, so am curious if the cheaper stuff will work as well as the crucial and so forth. What Im speaking of is the ram like dane elec, so forth are they good ram or are they generic types? The only O/C I will be doing is with the gigabyte 8500 and only to 275/275 if possible, will ram affect this? Thank you in advance!!

I've never had very good luck with cheap ram. (overclocking or not) And since I've gone with Crucial I've never had any of those problems.
In your case I'd stick with namebrand you'll thank yourself later, trust me.

I bought a stick of 256Mb Centon RAM from NewEgg, and it has served me very well so far. I also picked up a 64Mb stick of KingMax Value from them for another machine, but I tested it in my rig, and it hung with the Centon all the way...both o/c'ed very well, and they weren't that expensive...

Thank you, I went there right away and picked up a 256mb chip for 70 bucks omg that is nice!!!

Back