• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is expensive memory worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneak

I dont want to overclock so overclocking capability doesnt matter. I just want to know does it really matter if I buy some generic memory instead of like crucial. Will I really notice a differance?
I want sdram not ddr.

If you are keeping the machine stock then generic memory will mostlikely serve the purpose. P.S. Welcome to the forums

People have had problems with getting cheap generic memory. There's a greater chance you'll have stablility problems if you get generic. Though I've never bought from crucial, I would recommend getting from them rather than some cheap memory from someone else.

Crucial has reduced their price, 256Mb PC2100 now only $69 on their website, so if cheap generic has the same price as Crucial, why even bother buying generic?:D

edit: darn, the price went back up to $85.49 again....:eek:

Last edited:
If you dont plan on overclocking at all you shouldnt have any problems with generic. Make sure you buy from a place that you can return it to if you DO have problems though.

Back