• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I connect pump to ps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why would you want to? Every pump I've seen is designed to run off 110V AC, just plug it into the wall man :) I think you are going to have a hard, if not impossible time finding one to run off 12 or 5 V. Good luck.

Fade

fade2black said:
Why would you want to? Every pump I've seen is designed to run off 110V AC, just plug it into the wall man :) I think you are going to have a hard, if not impossible time finding one to run off 12 or 5 V. Good luck.

Fade

Nah, actually its not hard, there are 12 V pumps..alot of them actually. Simplest thing to do is go to radioshack and buy a relay. There is an article on the mainpage about how to do this. Some companys sell pumps for watercooling that are already attached with a normal molex connector, try one of those (they can be pricy) if you dont like to solder or dont feel comfortable doing it.

Josh

You can go the lazy route like me and just buy a PRS kit from Swiftech

It's cheaper to go to the Shack and get what you need as I paid $17.25 for the PRS kit, but it came with a nice mounting plate and all thats needed.

http://www.swiftnets.com/cgi/shop.pl/page=FrameSet.htm

PRS_kit_icon.gif

Got it, thanks for the site for the reostats/relay. I knew it was there somewhere but just couldn't seem to find it. Thanks

Back