• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Noob trying to O/C Crucial PC2100 DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bruvva

Hi, Please accept my apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I am trying to O/C my Crucial RAM. It is currently running at default CAS 2.5 and nothing else is O/C'd on my system. I have attempted to change the CAS to 2 and whilst my PC booted and was noticably quicker, I could not get 3dmark to complete and games etc crashed after a few minutes.

So my question is, what can/should I do to gain some stability? I've read in some places that upping the voltage a little may help but I'd rather not do this until I've got some solid info.

Many thanks

Steve

My system is:
Athlon 4 1.33Ghz on Asus A7V266 (1007 BIOS) @ default 133FSB
2 x 256 DDR Crucial PC2100
Radeon 8500 Graphics Card

Raising the voltage might do it. You will just have to try and see.
2.7v is fine to use with no chance of problems.

If that doesn't work then you may wish to read up on how to change the timings yourself. Then you can fine tune to your RAM.

you raise the voltage of your ram in your bios
if it has no option for it,its not possible on your board

running up to 2.7v wont damage your memory

bruvva: does it run reliably at cas2.5?
it could be your video card or something else if its still unstable

how do you raise the ram voltage on a 8k7a+ i have read the maual and cant figure it out thanks. at 170 nothing works, so imma see if rasing the volatge helps

Back