• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc100 Sdram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xero1101657

Is it ok to run PC100 RAM with the FSB set @ 133MHz? To be on the safe side, I currently have it at 100MHz and my "tbird" is only 850 MHz :(

so i wanted to know if i can use my pc100 ram with the FSB set at 133MHz...thanks

ok thanks...but exactly how would i know its running stable?? is the fact that it WORKS evidence enough to keep running it at 133? because before i realized that it was pc100, i ran my pc100 ram with fsb 133 for a couple months. and it seemed to work fine...

heres how i test stability,
1st will it boot into windows

next i run normal apps for a few hours winamp explorer, aol, ect...if i dont get any blue screens or crashes i know its stable at pretty much idle temps

then comes some more cpu intensive stuff, i play quake 3 arena for a good 2 or 3 hours, again if no crashes/reboots,bluescreens occur system seems pretty stable

finally i use a burn in program something like CPUBurn or Toast and run that for about 45 minutes ( it uses 100% of your cpu ) and if it doesnt crash during that its safe to say the system is rock stable, of course you could skip all these and go right down to CPUBurn but i like to take baby steps
:)

ok thanks...

ive ripped DVD for 3 hours and it took 100% (literally) of my CPU when i had it 133MHz...lol does that count??

Back