• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR 400 not working!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ctangelich

Registered
This is my second stick of OCZ DDR400 bought from newegg that will not work in my gigabyte 8IRXP or my MSI 845 Ultra ARU. On the OCZ website there is a link for reviews on the DDR 400, one of the review sites is (i am not a geek). In this review they test the DDR400 with the gigabyte 8IRXP. I have emailed OCZ and they will not respond. Anyone else having this problem?? Time to RMA this stick back to newegg and get some more kingmax or corsair.

There are a few articles on the OverClocekrs front page that involve compatibility with DDR RAM in various boards.

I could be as simple as trying a different slot. Some mobos suggest placing memory from the outside slots, inward, some could work best from the edge of the mobo. In any case, when you use DDR, it matters where you put it. I remember similar problems when putting large SDRAM sticks with smaller (older?) ones.

memory

I'm going to test the OCZ PC3200 out. I think I'll get it from OCsystem or Componentauthority, where they claim to test the ram before they ship it.

Ugmore Baggage said:
There are a few articles on the OverClocekrs front page that involve compatibility with DDR RAM in various boards.

I could be as simple as trying a different slot. Some mobos suggest placing memory from the outside slots, inward, some could work best from the edge of the mobo. In any case, when you use DDR, it matters where you put it. I remember similar problems when putting large SDRAM sticks with smaller (older?) ones.

I was refering to his comments about OCZ not returning emails, not the memory placement which may help :)

Actually this Soyo board I have will only allow you to occupy two of the 3 memory slots with 2700+, with pc2100 you can use all three

From the benchmarks I've read...EPox & SolTek are the only boards capable of handling 400Mhz Ram.
Doesn't ocztech.com have a listing of boards compatible w/ DDR400?

ctangelich said:
This is my second stick of OCZ DDR400 bought from newegg that will not work in my gigabyte 8IRXP or my MSI 845 Ultra ARU. On the OCZ website there is a link for reviews on the DDR 400, one of the review sites is (i am not a geek). In this review they test the DDR400 with the gigabyte 8IRXP. I have emailed OCZ and they will not respond. Anyone else having this problem?? Time to RMA this stick back to newegg and get some more kingmax or corsair.

Here's the link for ocz ddr support pages....
http://www.ocztech.com/support/index.asp

Any board with a 200FSB option will support it, and it it doesn't have a maximum of 200FSB then the memory will just run slower.

I say its a bad stick from a dodgy company, OCZ is usually just modified overclocked Crucial that rarely lives up to standards, sometimes it may but from what I've heard this is a rarity.

M_N

OCZ isnt even near crucial. OCZ is THE WORST company out, and a bunch of companies out there on the net are just OCZ with different names, so when one rips u off u end up finding them again. DONT BUY FROM COMPONENT AUTHORITY!
they have been officially blacklisted in Maximum PC due to sleazy sales practices(intentionally selling broken components and never returning any emails/phonecalls.
there is an official investigation ongoing with OCZ and ALL of its subsidiaries(including component authority), but even the BBB is having a hard time tracking them down and contacting them.
there are thousands of complaints about OCZ with the BBB, make sure u order anything OCZ from newegg.
and OCZ that is sent to websites for reviews has micron chips, but what they ship u has Nanya chips and DOESNT WORK AS SPECIFIED.
when people's RAM from OCZ works its cause u got a "review sample", not the real thing.
i remember when a review on OCZ pc2400 cl2 high performance ram was out, it had micron chips and hit 170 at 2-2-2.
but what OCZ shipped customers was some ram with Nanya chips that wouldnt do 133 @ anything but highest(slowest) timings.

I hope the BBB shuts these ***holes down for good, i lost good money to them and never got a response in like 5 months, the BBB has my official complaint and should have yours too. write or contact the BBB about OCZ if they rip u off and they WILL eventually get shut down, hopefully:)
sorry about my rant, but OCZ really really makes me mad, i lost 150$ to them and know countless others who have as well
-Malakai

Right on,

They use other companys memory (like Crucial) and overclock it.
Some of there memory is so bad you wonder if they just use rejects.

I nearly lost $180 to a company last year, I ended up sueing them and got my $ back but I hate dodgy companys. It makes me sad that they can do business knowing that they are taking poeples HARD EARNT money. Someone should teach them what a $'s worth maybe then they wll respect other peoples $.
Money doesn't grow on tree's.

M_N

Hey Mal,

How come everytime I see you talk about ram you rave about crucial and bash everyone else.....................?

Do you work for crucial ? or some crucial subsidary ? :eh?:

what do u mean bash everyone else? I dont appreciate that at all. OCZ is a terrible company, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring the facts that they sell products that dont perform near what they are rated.
Im 18 and in community college, i dont work for Crucial, its just great ram.
i like Mushkin, Corsair, kingston and kingmax to name a few, but for the price you CANNOT beat crucial.
example:
i bought a 256mb stick of Corsair XMSpc400. it did 150fsb at max timings just fine, and cost 100$. but it wouldnt go past 154 at max timings.
Now i have 2 256mb sticks of crucial that cost 75$ each plus free second day air(the shipping on the corsair was 6$ for fedex ground btw) and they do 160 max timings, together. either stick alone will do 170 max timings. 25$ less for better performing ram makes Crucial an awesome company that puts out a good product at a good price, and gives a lifetime warranty no matter the owner.
the only company im "Bashing" is OCZ, and they deserve it.
I dont appreciate makeing assumptions like that with no proof, i recommend crucial cause i like them. I dont mean to be rude BTW, but u were.
thank you
-Malakai

The only reason people get crap OCZ is because other companies are trying to make their Ram look like OCZ cuz it sells so well, (their is a press release on OCZ's Website) OCZ uses 6ns Samsung Chips on their ram and Samsung is known to be of the same quality or better than Crucial, mainly because Crucial Ram is PC2100, but if Crucial is slow at releasing their ram people will start buying Samsung instead. Check out the April 15 Ram review at Vrzone (I think) Samsung leads by quite a bit.

Im personally buying OCZ DDR400 for my new system from a local OCZ authorized dealer so I know its real and I can easily get it replaced if their is any problems. If you buy OCZ then just make sure its the real stuff, and preferably get it locally or else get Samsung since its the same stuff.

elmokiddo said:
The only reason people get crap OCZ is because other companies are trying to make their Ram look like OCZ cuz it sells so well, (their is a press release on OCZ's Website) OCZ uses 6ns Samsung Chips on their ram and Samsung is known to be of the same quality or better than Crucial, mainly because Crucial Ram is PC2100, but if Crucial is slow at releasing their ram people will start buying Samsung instead. Check out the April 15 Ram review at Vrzone (I think) Samsung leads by quite a bit.

Im personally buying OCZ DDR400 for my new system from a local OCZ authorized dealer so I know its real and I can easily get it replaced if their is any problems. If you buy OCZ then just make sure its the real stuff, and preferably get it locally or else get Samsung since its the same stuff.
sorry bud thats a completely false statement.
OCZ doesnt use any set chip for their ram, they use all different ones. Dont post unless you know what your talking about.
and i bought the ram from the story above from www.theoverclockerzstore.com (they closed down), that is directly from OCZ. they are a bunch of scum bags, i know someone who lives near they're headquarters and they just sit there while the customer service phones ring and ring(a mamber here told me this)
if u get good ocz than your lucky, as your one of the few. Dont make it sound like it's the people getting ripped off's fault, its not.
They do not always use samsung chips, im sure that they are on the "review samples" though
-Malakai

Hey Mal ,
No offense intended , but jeez can you knock it off...............

The flaming is just crazy.............

I am just tired of seeing you bash other companies and recomend Crucial , it sounds like a comercial............

I am sure your just an extremely happy Crucial customer

:p

Listen bro, your gonna get me mad. THE ONLY COMPANY IM FLAMING IS OCZ DAMMIT! and they damn well deserve it.

i would love to have mushkin, corsair, or any other pc2700-3200.
my crucial wont go over 160fsb at max timings no matter what i do. but i dont have the money to blow on expensive ram till i can get to 200 max timongs. crap, even crucial costs an arm and a leg now, but ive seen pc2700 going for like 130$ a stick now(256). im not worshipping or promoting them at all, but for pc2100 ram, they cant be beat.
but other pc2700(besides OCZ that is) are all better than my crucial, and when i feel the need to upgrade again it prolly wont be Crucial(unless, as ive stated earlier, it will go to 200fsb at max timings). Corsair and mushkin stand out IMHO as the best high performance ram out.
so please stop making it seem like im praising them as the best, they are just a very good, reliable company, like many others, and UNLIKE OCZ
thank you
-Malakai

hey, i dont mean to overreact but im really not flaming anyone but OCZ, they rip off customers, specifically overclockers, wich p***es me off. all o/c'ers should stick together. i mean no disrespect to other companies that are good. and i have no loyalties to Crucial either
-Malakai

I'm with Malakai. He isn't trying to prove his Crucial is so surperior his point is that OCZ doesn't do what it advertises all other brands do much more than they advertise (e.g. Kingmax, Crucial, Samsung, Corsair etc). Like the people who come here are always asking why their OCZ ram isn't preforming how it is rated, it's that or generic.

OCZ doesn't put the same chips in every ram so your taking chances whether you'll get a good one or a bad one, and if your willing to sit through calls for RMA, mailing it, then go for it.

elmo:

Yet another one tricked. You got convinced through a press release on THEIR website. If other brands were copying they would never get this far in the ram industry unlike OCZ.

Back