• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doez more memory help???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

i am running i stick of samsung 256 pc2100

hitting 2115 on mem benchmark

if i added another stick and kept the same setttings as listed in my sig what kind of bechmarks and performance could i expect???

More memory always helps. But who cares about if it helps a benchmark. You should be more concerned with overal system improvements...

Memory benchmarks will not go up at all, if anything they might drop a little bit. 3d mark may go up by a hundred points, but nothing major. Overall system performance should be much better though, and youl be able to run more programs at one time without problems.

i saw that... then i saw this post and was like i wonder :rolleyes: yup there it is, wonder who does not read the web site, before going to the forum :) :)

i never go to the web site i dont even have it bookmarked
(maybe i should)

so what about this:
taking out the samsung stick and putting in a stick of crucial
would that raise my bechmarks ?

jstutman said:
i saw that... then i saw this post and was like i wonder :rolleyes: yup there it is, wonder who does not read the web site, before going to the forum :) :)

oh yeah almost forgot did what u say have anything to do with my post NO
stop wasting space to say somthing that has already been said

Mhypertext said:

oh yeah almost forgot did what u say have anything to do with my post NO
stop wasting space to say somthing that has already been said

I think both of you could have worded your responses to be a little friendlier. I only look at the web site every few days or so....usually I go straight here.

As I recall, the article on the front page deals more with larger memory amounts (greater than 512). I don't think a brand change will help you.....and more mem will most likely NOT make a difference in benchmarks, though performance is likely to improve.

Hoping you've found your answer somewhere in these posts!

:D

i apologize, i was not trying to be rude. i was just being a smart ***, my apologies again. now i would say my opinion but it was answered, switching brands, would not help i dont think it would matter. unless you had to brands running. say a slow pny and then a crucial. because the pny would slow down the crucial. making your memory speed seam like youve been running 2 pny.

just my .02

WHAT??? d00d joplin is my home, i just am stationed in maine. i just got back from leave. wish i could go back. i love missouri. i actually live in granby but hey im close enough, hehe that where the malls at. :) :)

Back