• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warranty on Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
My GF was having problems with her comp. and after about 4 hours, I figured out it was the memory (a 128MB of SDRAM, no-name from Circ. City). Anyway, it isn't totally dead, but it won't pass the initial memory test, and although it would run windows, it would always give errors... I know it is the memory because I swapped it in another comp. and had the same problems.

I know this stuff has a "lifetime warranty", but I haven't the first clue how to collect on it. 128 isn't as cheap as it used to be, and I want a replacement!

Ideas?

Here is a pic...

Will they just take it for an exchange? I am interested if anyone else hase returned memory to CC...

They should. It's a defective product. Aslong as you have the invoice bring it in and give it a shot. What do you have to lose? :)

Yodums

that's the problem, no recept, but this is still supposed to have a lifetime warranty...

Call them up, tell them the story. How long ago was the ram bought? If they still have it in stock then it should be returnable.

Back