• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what $50 worth of rambus looks like

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

hmm, i paid $50 bucks for this? do you guys think there is some benefit of running these sticks without the cover? there is a piece of some kind of plastic stuff in between the chips and the spreader. i will probablly run these without the cover, with a fan on them and the actual board ram chips, unless someone no's that it is not a good idea.

Rambus really socks it to the consumer....that looks like it cost them a buck thirty seven to make that, at first I thought you were playin a Aprils fools joke on me .....again :beer:

BTW JD, My best friend told me to price him a great system as he got a huge commision with his job......I priced him almost your exact system, down to the Vapochill....

Last edited:
jdmcnudgent said:
did you price it with th7II-r.:D have you looked in the alt mod section yet to see my latest project :D

Oops Me bad :rolleyes: I priced the -R- Version not the standard version :rolleyes:

PS I responded in the ALT.Modding section, your Lian Li VApo is looking great.......Can you add me to your Living WILL and get DIBS on that :beer:

I was wondering myself how well four 64-MB sticks of RDRAM might overclock. Under the spreader, it looks like your stick except there are just two modules about 2" apart. It should run real cool except you have to run 4 sticks to get a decent amount of ram.

I may try it as I know a hole-in-the-wall shop that has some early 2001 sticks (which I and BMG have found does well). $60 for 4 sticks is not too bad, plus I could sell them for maybe half that used.

Back