• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung PC2700 (333)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

what do you all think about this ram am thinking about getting rid of my PC2100 generic ram for some what do you think?

Also what kinda FSB should i hit am told 180ish

a friend of mine has 2 stick on his nForce board running 172fsb stable - and for that reason I bought two sticks for my nForce ASUS board - just make sure to get the 6 layer ram and not the cheap(er) 4 layer!!!

.... i still wait for mine ....
these guys phoned me telling they can't get the mobo just wait one more week... lets see...:argue:

Aintslgaengrr said:
.... i still wait for mine ....
these guys phoned me telling they can't get the mobo just wait one more week... lets see...:argue:

what type of mobo?? and what guys?

epox 4sda+
(you know i'm sitting in germany...)
which guys? --> www.mindfactory.de
at the upper left corner you can change language

fist when i ordered the mobo wasn't in catalogue - these guys didn't know it yet...
so i phoned there and ordered it without their catalogue. as result the need more time for getting it and searching a distributor...
well ... now it's in their catalogue and in stock so i don't believe i'll have to wait long...
i wanted to order there because the have definatly the best prices in germany...;-)

so .. well... if you understand the bulls**t i've written above i think you must have a real good phantasy;-)

There is a review laying around somewhere on the different types of pc2700 ram. The samsung actually beat all the other ram and the guy got it to 212mhz. Mine rolling along strong at 200 with a little extra voltage. Crucial is always a safe bet, but this samsung is amazing.

I think that this is what your looking..

http://www.sis.com/ddr/ddr333.htm

All so I am new here and just got EP-4SDA+ but not really sure how to to do overclocking as I have never done it before.But would like to give it a go,If any one as this board and can give me some idea.I have a 1.8 northwood chip.

Among many RAMs I have, the Samsung PC2700 (ATP designed PCB) performs the best and did reach 215 mhz with setting at "normal" and 201 Mhz with setting at 2-2-2-5-1 (turbo plus 1T on time command).

Attached is a image of Sandra report indicating memroy running at DDR 402.

Epox 8k3a+ (rev. 1.2)
AMD 2000XP
Corsair XMS3000 -- 199 @ 2-2-2-5-1
Kingmax PC2700 -- 180 @ 2-2-2-5-1
TwinMos PC2700 (Windbond chip stamping A version) -- fail @ 2-2-2-5-1
Samsung PC2700 (ATP designed; still waiting for Samsung original) -- 201 @ 2-2-2-5-1
CoolerMaster ATC210 modified with 8 fans
Thermalright AX-7 with Delta 80CFM
PC mods rheobus 4 channel fan controller (17W per channel)
digiDoc5 for temp hardware monitoring
2 x IBM ATA 100 HD
Toshiba 16x DVD and Pelxter CD-ROM

MV99

Samsung 333

Will let you know what I can get on a Kt266a chipset with it... ordered, and arrives in less than a week!

Now mushkin has pc3200 and pc3000 on newegg so you could consider them also, but the samsung is better value because it is fairly cheap and performs very well.

can anyone point me to a link that has ORIGINAL samsung that
o'c's good?

thanks!

now im stuck between 1 x 512 or 1 x 256. does XP use a lot
of memory?

XP

Win XP can run on a system with a minimum of 128MB. 256MB is recommended. 2k and XP are the most memory intensive versions of windows. Get 512 if you can afford it.

Yes it can, depends what you do with your pc.
If you just surf the web then 256mb is enough unless you open alot of browser windows at once.

512mb is good if you like to play the newer games.

Better to have more than needed than to be short and have to run off the swap file all the time unless you don't mind slowdowns.

512 is enough for most users, if you do video editing or graphic development then you might want more.

Back