• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i know if i have dead ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raley

Registered
I ordered a 256 meg stick of samsung pc 2700 from newegg... I am thinking that it came DOA... i have put it in a million times and have made sure the connection is tight and I keep getting C1 on every boot... how can I be sure that it is dead, and what can I do about it if it is?

BTW I don't have access to any other comps or ram...

Can I warranty this directly through samsung? Or must I go through newegg and pay the restock fee? Thanks for any help...

raley

If you are sure you have seated it and it is still not working then RMA it thru Newegg they will not charge you a restock fee.( They have not charged me when I have had to RMA something). The only way to know for sure is to stick it in another box or stick another stick of ram in yours.

CyberFed said:
Nice avatar, looks familiar
;)

I got it from Silversinksam and turned it around he had the intel first. Then I added the folding part!!!! I am in the process of looking for a new Avatar. If you are the person that made it I will be happy to put your name in my sig. just let me know.

Back