• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECC or Non-ECC for overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigVideoGuy

Registered
i'm getting a p4 1.6a and i plan to overclock it to about 2.0 and i'm buying 2 128 sticks of RDram and im wondering what would be better ECC or non-ECC?? and i'm also wondering about 4-device or 8 -device- i'm really confused- someone please help!!

ECC is really just for servers or really important computers where data integrity is critical, for overclocking you want non ECC for sure.

another thing rdram sucks for overclocking. if u wana overclock alot u might wana think about getting ddr ram. it handles overclocking much better. unless u can find some nice Ghz rdram

Army man, where is your information comming from? The highest overclocked P4's are on either Abit TH7II boards or Asus P4TE. Both boards run rambus. Just because you hear something stupid like that doesnt mean you have to believe it.

Yes, most of the time you have to drop the multiplier, but even at a lower multiplier it still performs better than any DDR I have seen.

Back