• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

What size memory is best for Shuttle AK35GTR? 2100-2400-2700. Whats the difference between 2100 and 2700

Last edited:
m_mike_k said:
Here's the difference. If you're gonna O/C then get real 2700. The only manufacturers that make true 2700 is Crucial and Samsung. Other brands just have overclocked their 2100.
Very good thank you thats what i was waiting for.

m_mike_k said:
Here's the difference. If you're gonna O/C then get real 2700. The only manufacturers that make true 2700 is Crucial and Samsung. Other brands just have overclocked their 2100.

Some technical and source given information about this should be a part of a sticky if it's true. As I knew, the 2400 was just oc'd 2100, since it was not an industrial standard. Thought the 2700 would be true modules, but oviosly not...

elysium

But what is really the difference between a true pc2700 and an overclocked on. It's the same chip, they only run at different speeds. This also goes for cpu's. One different there might be that a 1,4 is able to run 1,75 volt, but a 1200@1400 does not. The same goes for ram I belive, but I hope someone can help us sort this out. Been on my mind for quit a time.

elysium

hmmm....
Kingmax made the first true pc-2700 ram.. and for the most part is still the best out there,
it runs cooler and faster then the others.

Back