• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of ram do I have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

I have some old ram out an old NEC gaming system that I tore apart. The system was built in 96 if this helps and it had 2- 16 meg sticks. Any ideas?

It does have 72 pins. On one end there is the #1 and on the other end there is the #72. How convenient. I am probably going to post it for sale in the classifieds. Any idea on how much its worth?

Find a charity organization that makes computers for less fortunate people in your area and donate them. The good feeling you will get from that is worth much more than the memory.

Lvcoyote

Hmm well maybe I wont sell it then. I dont think there are any organizations like that around here. I'm thinking about the keychain now.

Hummm 16Mb sticks are still kinda useful, would be a shame to keychain them just yet. Still a lot of people around with 32Mb in 2x16s on a P233 or K6-333 or something, who'd like to get to 64Mb.

Put them in classifieds and you might get a spare heatsink for them or something. Or ask say, 15 the pair.

Road Warrior.

I wil put them in the classifieds then and give it a shot. If they sell cool, and if they dont then I got a couple of cool keychains.

Back