• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beta Bios for P4B266-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjones73

I just found Bios 1002 beta 5 on the German FTP site, looks like the only thing it fixes is the BIOS reads the correct CPU temp now instead of 40C. Funny thing is my board came with BIOS 1002 on it and I've spoken to someone on here that had 1003 on his. Asus doesn't have their act together on the BIOS versions for this board.

I hear you! I have the 1003 BIOS...it shipped with my board. This bios still doesn't correct the temp monitoring problem. The most humorous part is asus only has the 1001 bios officially for download.

The beta I downloaded yesterday on the german site fixes the temp problem in the Bios and the latest version of of the Asus PC Probe reads the correct temps also.

I installed the latest version of probe and my temperature now reads something other than 40°C. Not sure if I trust the reading now...it says 43°C under load and my mainboard temp is only 21°C (I know that's correct).

However, their is STILL a BIOS issue Asus!!!! The bios is stuck on 40°C!!!!!! I'm not buying another Asus board after this...and I build 100+ computers every year and they have pssed me off over this chit. Asus used to be the best with quick bios updates...now THEY SUCK!

i am also waiting for this 3/4 fsb/mem ratio over 132 mhz also..
when and if that happens i think the p4b266 series will be superb!
i am also looking into a program that lets you modify your bios yourself.
i am sure it is a simple program,and i remember reading about it. maybe one could "fix" the bios yourself.i bought the epox 4bda board thinking it had that ratio, and it did not. very dissapointing.
now to find that bios hacking program...
any suggestions?

They won´t do that.... simply put: the mobo will never be stable at more that 133mhz with 3:4 multiplier. Why? because I use wpcrset to archive that, and it´s a no go. Mobo will be completely nuts with that set. I use the same memory I use in my abit BD7 161fsb/228memo......
asus sux a lot, sorry

They won´t do that.... simply put: the mobo will never be stable at more that 133mhz with 3:4 multiplier. Why? because I use wpcrset to archive that, and it´s a no go. Mobo will be completely nuts with that set. I use the same memory I use in my abit BD7 161fsb/228memo......

Where did you find information for using wpcrset with the 845D chipset or did you just take a shot at figuring it out on your own? Also, what memory are you running on your BD7 that you got it cranked up that high? By the way, when your FSB is at 161, if your using a 3:4 multiplier your ram should be at about 215 not that it's that much different then what you posted.

Last edited:
You are right mjones, my mystake. I mean 171fsb/228memo. Look at my sight, the 2744 rig is the BD7 16x171. The memo is the PC2700 samsung (CB3). You will find the i845 pcr file here:
http://www.mods4me.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=25
The 2560 rig is the P4B266C, 16x160. I can´t make it run even at 133/166 using pcrset.
But the P4S333/533 is even horse: they can´t go beyond 150-155 fsb, no matter what.
Abit BD7 is expensive and requires a P4 power supplier, but is the way to go. Little vid mod on the chip and u will have no objects (beyond the chip itself).
BTW, getting 3.45k in sandra 2002 with BD7/228 memo....

Back