• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

:confused: WOOHOO!!!! Wow I never expected these speeds. Does this TH7 kinda work itself in? It seems as if I'm able to clock the FSB more and more as time goes on. Over time less errors when booting and I'm now clocking the bus in 5 MHZ increments. Where does it stop? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it real or just coincidence? I'm thinking it seems to work itself in. I'd like to thank Mr. Narural, Batboy and Doc along with everyone else! This has been one outstanding project for me and I have to say for my first P4 build I'm way impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also I think the dual fans I installed on the RAM helped quite a bit.

PEACE :D

Last edited:
yeah i couldn't go above 110FSB without a fan blowing on the RAM, well i could but it wasn't stable

Last edited:
Excellent. I think it might be more of the CPU and maybe the thermal paste that "breaks in" and allows us to gradually get better overclocks, at least up to a point. I hate to brag, but I was the first that I know of to report installing a RAM fan with these Northwood/TH7-II/RDRAM setups. It helped in my situation and others have said it helped them too.

Back