• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial DDR PC 2100 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

little fox

Hi Guys:

I am looking for DDR PC2100 and when I looked at Crucial's website, I found that for 256mb, there are 2 kinds. One is 32Meg x 64 and one is 32Meg x 72. Can anyone tell me the difference?

By the way, the price is different too. :)

Thanks a lot

if your gonna get ddr now, save up a lil and get the pc2700 for feature cpu upgardes, and if you'd like to OC :)
i think crucials pc2700 should drop in price a lil soon, and with free shipping why not get it?

SAVE 24% $$$ on Crucial .......

Hey little fox , check this post about how to save some good $$$ on Crucial . Go here
LINKY . I saved an additional $32 on (2) 256mb sticks of Crucial 2700 by doing what Ive posted !!! . Happy savings :D

Last edited:
thanks for the help... ya... i think i will buy a pc2700 instea of PC2100. but do you know when the price will come down... say within next week or so or next 2 months?

little fox said:
thanks for the help... ya... i think i will buy a pc2700 instea of PC2100. but do you know when the price will come down... say within next week or so or next 2 months?
Boy , thats really HARD to say . The 2700 should come down in price soon , but again it may not be for quite awhile (never can tell with memory prices) . *** By the way Little Fox ; that 20% discount on Crucial memory ends soon 4/23/02 !!! ***

Ahhh....

Wished I lived in the USA or in a bigger European countrie, I would have to import Crucial, Corsair, Twinmos, Kingmax++++++, all the good ones, from England. Hate to live in Norway every time I try to get something!!!!!!!

Perhaps not valid right here, but just needed so it.....

elysium

make sure ur mobo can support it tho. i just got done talking to a friend who was bawling after she got raped on her memory and THEN realized that her mobo didn't support 2700.

i'm happy with my ABIT KR7A-133R even though it supports 16 and 21 but not 27

although after taking a look at the board that WOULD have been perfect for the computer i wanted to build, i've now reconfigured my plans for my second comp, the "atlas project". it will take MUCH longer to build but should still be a wonderful price breaker all around. i found the ABIT board i really wanted AND it supports 16, 21, and 27 PLUS it looks to have 4 RAID IDE's in addition to the flop and normal ultra dma ides...but all is well ^_^

ok, so i went off for a while, but just make sure, if you think it does, it can be a very big oops in the wallet if you don't double check.

Back