• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Good OC P4 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Hi

I need a good P4 Board for my norhwood, i want to OC on it so it have to be good and atleast it have to use PC-2700 DDR or above

Because i dont like my Asus P4S333 any more, for i need a better bios.

Please help!!!!

I just picked up the MSI 645 Ultra.....running my 1.8 @ 2.7. Great board....great price

I've used an Intel 845 & an Intel 850 mobo....both of those seemed to be buggy.....for overclocking that is. Just take a look around in the forums....look at signatures especially.

About the Epox 4SDA+. where can i see some tests of it and is there the little +12 power connecter on that to.

And how good is it???

saytan said:
with the new bios, the bd7 is as good as anything
I'm tending to agree with this. I'm running my 1.6A at 2.3Ghz now. I'm only limited by the voltage (paitently waiting for a bios mod), and heat (need a better HSF than this stock intel stuff).

4bda, 4bda2+, best ddr boards for oc'n hands down. Includes as many settings and more than nearly every other MB out there, is rock hard stable, is reasonably priced, lock the bus. Even with the new bios, the abit bd7 still is limited by voltage, the epox doesn't have to worry about this. To put it plain and simple, there is not a single thing bad about the 4bda series and everyone who gets them loves them. Every other board that you read about has some sort of problem, except the 4sda, which would probably be my next choice. Too bad you can't lock the bus on it though.

zervun said:
4bda, 4bda2+, best ddr boards for oc'n hands down. Includes as many settings and more than nearly every other MB out there, is rock hard stable, is reasonably priced, lock the bus. Even with the new bios, the abit bd7 still is limited by voltage, the epox doesn't have to worry about this. To put it plain and simple, there is not a single thing bad about the 4bda series and everyone who gets them loves them. Every other board that you read about has some sort of problem, except the 4sda, which would probably be my next choice. Too bad you can't lock the bus on it though.

what's the different between 4BDA & Abit's BD7?? are they the same chipset? how 'bout v-core? how high could they go?? they both lock the PCI bus speed, right? could they fit w/ either Alpha 80mm or Volcano 7+??

what do u guys suggest??

i'm in the market of a P4 board too. and thinking to do the wire trick on a 1.6A.

The 4bda and bd7 share the same chipset, both can lock the agp/pci bus etc. But the 4bda, 4bda2+ has many more overclocking options such as voltage that the bd7 does not have. There would be absolutely no point to get the bd7 over the 4bda other than name recognition. I've read numerous threads with people haveing problems with the bd7 in various circumstances. The point is, there is no reason not to get the 4bda variety except, A. you want to go rdram, or B. you want to wait for a newer chipset to come out. The 4bda variety is nearly a perfect DDR board.

You can do 1.85v cpu 2.9v mem on the Epox, and by doing the wire trick, you can up the voltage via the bios way past the maximum for the chip.

so, i could do 1.85v core in the BIOS?? no need to do the wire trick??

hmm.....guess i'll go for the Epox again this time.......(using 2 8KHA+ right now)

tks!

Hi guys

Help me out here witch board Epox 4sda+ or MSI 645 Ultra 333

I really need help for i dont know witch one is the best choise for me for i need a good OC board and it shall allso be ROCK stable

for i want my 1800MHZ Northy to hit 2400MHz again on one of those boards so wich one??????

And allso i want the best options for My DDR333 Samsung Sticks

ANY board made by intel is going to be difficult to oc

Back