• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How High can I go with Bh-6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LorneT

I have the Bh-6 with a Celeron 600 running at 901 mhz (through an Abit Slot Key) and I was wondering how high I could upgrade just my CPU w/o upgrading the mb as well.

I have a Collermaster Windtunnel II case on order but I'd appreciate any HSF suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance,

LT

I think if you're using the latest BIOS, the BH6 will support any Coppermine Celeron or P-III. The problem is that most of the available faster CPUs run at a default 133 FSB and some of the early BH6 mobos do not have 1/4 PCI dividers. Even the ones that do have the 1/4 divider, don't have many FSB settings above 133 FSB and really don't run all that well at those faster speeds. I say stay with what you got or else upgeade to a new mobo with Tualatin support (like the ST6) and then get a Tualatin P-III or Celeron. I used to have a BH6, they were a great mobo a few years ago, but they are sadly outdated now. I don't suppose that C-600 will do 9X112=1008? Maybe with better cooling and a slight voltage increase? I'm a little behind the times as far as slotket CPU coolers, but the Alpha PEP66 used to be one of the better coolers to get.

Back