• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what will abit have to run the 533 P4's in 3 weeks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pgiinc

Registered
what will abit have to run the 533 P4's in 3 weeks?
anyone got any info on a new board?:D :D

I'm too lazy to go look up the article, but I thought I read where Intel was going to do some minor mods to the i850 chipset and call it the i850e or something. If that's the case, there probably won't be any new motherboards models immediately. Abit and Asus (and others) will probably slightly modify their current mobos to officially support the 133 FSB and that's all for the time being. Saves them from having to totally redesign them. I have beem wrong before though....lol.

Abit SX7-533 (SiS645DX) officially supports 533 Mhz FSB CPU.
And also SD7-533 (SiS645) can handle 533 FSB.

what about an intel chipset and rambus board?
i have the th7 II so as long as i set the agp/pci to fixed 66 it will be same as one desgined to run 533?

Yes, that's the beauty of the current Abit TH7-II, it really does support the 133 FSB Northwoods, although it doesn't "officially" support them according to Intel (the TH7-II uses the Intel 850 chipset). At 133 FSB, you don't have to use "fix" setting, you could use the 2/4 divider and still be in spec.

Back