• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crucial pc2100 , max fsb ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDinator

Registered
I've got a soltek SL-75drv2 motherboard running 1 stick of crucial pc2100 2.5 , and can get only 149 fsb out of it . Is this near the max or will a voltage mod or better settings help ? My settings are cas latency 2.5 , system performance low , bank interleave 4 max , dram queue depth 4 level max , dram comand rate 2t .

Well, your ram is set to run kinda slow without the FSB. But sometimes you just reach a point where your ram won't go any further. You can try to up the voltage (if you haven't already), and see how that works. Really, 149FSB really isn't all that bad.

Odd, what are your system specs? Because Crucial PC2100 should hit like PC2700 with voltage and CAS2.

Make sure you have your system running at turbo or whatever the fastest is because low is like turtle slow. I'm guessing you need more voltage to the CPU and ram.

Yodums

I've had great success with my crucial pc2100. check out my sig. I'm running at 172 FSB, at the fastest timings. (Turbo on my 8K3A+). I'm running the mem voltage at 2.7 V.

Mine takes about 3V to get it, but all mine is able to go at least 166MHz with most aggressive timings.

Yodums said:
Odd, what are your system specs? Because Crucial PC2100 should hit like PC2700 with voltage and CAS2.

Make sure you have your system running at turbo or whatever the fastest is because low is like turtle slow. I'm guessing you need more voltage to the CPU and ram.

Yodums

is he running parity or non-parity? wouldn't that make a difference? non-parit or non ecc registered tend to be much lower than that of ecc registered or parity ram from what i've been told. therefore, if it's being clocked like a mofo, it should do better with ecc registered...wouldn't it? i'm a newb but this was one of my early questions when deciding on a motherboard and what mem to use... i chose (so far) one 512 stick of crucial ecc-reg 2100 ddr.

Back