• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt active mem cooler good or bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

himura-dono

Xtreme refugee
thermal takes rep has scared the **** out of me since i first learned of the company, BUT has anyone heard anything bad about their active memory ram coolers?

i don't want to kill my crucial ddr ram...so...i'll take any advise

I've got their coolers on all my DDR memory. While I can't really say anything bad about them...I can't really say anything good either.

In my opinion, they are more for looks than functionality. They didn't help me overclock anymore than I already could and I would never be able to say that my memory needed anymore cooling than it already had.

If you really feel the need to actively cool your memory, position a fan blowing across it and save the money.

thanks jon, yea i posted it in three areas to make sure i got a response and from different people (it fit the topics). i've decided to just put a 40mm fan to blow over it.

I just installed that active cooling kit on my RAM and it gave me a couple hundred more points in Sanrda,,,stable,,,

Pretty good if you ask me.

Back